Most of the time, when making the decision to sell across multiple channels and websites, the sheer amount of effort required to make an impact in each marketplace can be a barrier. Jasper PIM takes the headache out of selling on multiple channels with product Versions.
What Are Versions?
A version in Jasper PIM provides a means of storing distinctive content on a product while maintaining its unique identifying properties such as Brand and SKU. Our flexible approach to Versions allows you to sell in multiple languages or specify unique content within the same language. When working with products, brands or categories, there is a Version selector that will switch between created versions allowing you to create multiple data points for each product within the same edit screen.
How Do I Create A Version?
To create a version in the PIM follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Version menu by selecting Configuration > Versions from the left hand side.
- Click on the Create Version button in the upper right hand corner.
- Name your version and click continue
- Specify a unique slug for your version - Used in Magento M2 channels. M2.storeview code must match PIM.version.slug
- Add a translation locale code if you are using your version for languages and wish to utilize a language translation service like Smartling or Google
- Save your Version
Learn how to work with versions on products and set the version for your publication channels in the following article: