Organizing your products is an essential part of product information management. The PIM offers tools to organize your products to provide the best customer experience possible when publishing to your websites.
The Categories Menu
The Categories Menu can be found under the Configuration portion of the left side navigation menu. From there you will see two options: Tree and Grid. Category Tree view provides a means of viewing the nested structure of your categories. Category Grid displays more information about the categories. Both views provide the means to view and edit categories.
The Category Edit Page
Clicking on the Edit Button from the Tree View or the View Button from the Grid View will take you the Category Edit Page. From here you have access to the following information:
- URL - displays the published URL suffix and is not user editable
- Parent Category - when using a nested category structure, used to set the parent category
- Sort Order - determines the display order on the Grid View
- Is Visible? - determines whether the category publishes as visible or invisible
- Smart Category - determines whether the category will be adding products automatically according to some conditions
- Products Must Match - to any or all conditions
Category assets can be used to create visual menus and store CMS elements
- Page Title
- Search Keywords
- Meta Keywords
- Meta Description
Set an override for the shipping price on all products in the category or set to special order (where supported by the ecommerce platform).
This section will only be available with "Smart Category? - Yes" and here you can create rules that, depending on previous "product must match" configuration (all/any conditions), it will include automatically all the products fitting in the criteria
Note: Remember to have, at least, one rule, otherwise the smart category won't work as expected.