Storing and managing your product information in the PIM is only part of the benefits of using Jasper PIM. Our self-serve Channel Configuration tool gives you the ability to add new BigCommerce or Shopify Storefronts quickly and easily, without the need for tech support. NOTE: some of the available configuration options on channels require other features of the PIM to have been configured previously.
Connect the PIM to a Shopify Storefront
With Jasper PIM, you are able to connect to an e-commerce storefront and be publishing product data within minutes. This article will guide you through the process to create the necessary credentials to link your Shopify storefront.
Generate Shopify API Credentials
Shopify users with admin access and app permissions are able to set up private apps and generate API credentials.
- Navigate to the Apps menu and click the Manage private apps link towards the bottom of the page.
- If you're using private apps for the first time, read and check the terms, and then click Enable private app development
- Create a new private app from the link and name it Jasper PIM with email@example.com as the emergency developer email.
- Under Admin API, click the Show inactive API permissions and ensure that following permissions are set to Read and Write (the rest should be left as No access)
- Products (Required)
- Inventory (Required if inventory is to be tracked)
- Once you save the private app you will be able to access the credentials. Keep this window open while you set up your Shopify Channel in the PIM as the credentials will not be retrievable and
Create a Shopify Channel in the PIM
PIM Administrators or anyone with the proper permissions can create a channel.
- Navigate the left side menu by going to Configuration > Channels and click create a channel.
- Name your channel (something that easily identifies it), make sure to select Shopify from the available types, and click Create.
- Refer to the Channels Overview Article for a detailed explanation of all the available configuration fields.
- After configuring your channel with appropriate bases, root categories and inventory locations, use the clipboard icons next to each field in the Shopify admin to copy and paste your API credentials into the appropriate fields at the bottom in the PIM. If you wish to track inventory from the PIM make sure to check the track inventory box as well.
- Once you have reached the API URL Path form field, proceed to copy and paste the Shopify API URL. Afterward, delete the last part of the URL where it begins with "/YYYY-MM/orders.json". Click Save in order to lock in the channel configurations.
- Now that your channel is created and enabled in the PIM you can assign products to be enabled on that channel in bulk or individually from the product Channels Tab.
Import Products From Shopify Store
If you are ready to import your products from the Shopify store to your Jasper PIM, this can be done within the newly created channel.
NOTE: Only proceed further if you have updated all of your products in Shopify. Once you run the import, all changes to product data will need to take place in Jasper PIM. You must save your channel credentials first before running an import.
- Disable your recently created channel by unchecking the "Enabled" box.
- Navigate to your newly created channel's
- Click "Run Import" to initiate import of products from Shopify to Jaser PIM.
- You can view the progress of the import by going to the "Jobs" menu.
- After the import process says "Finished", you can enable the channel again.
NOTE: The "Run Import" button only works as a one time request to import all products from your Shopify store platform. This is not meant as a two-way sync once this import is complete.