Storing and managing your product information in the PIM is only part of the benefits of using Jasper PIM. Our self-serve Channel Configuration tool gives you the ability to add new BigCommerce, Shopify, or Magento M2 Storefronts quickly and easily, without the need of tech support. NOTE: some of the available configuration options on channels require other features of the PIM to have been configured previously.
The Channels Menu
Located in the Configuration section of the left side navigation, the channels menu displays all the created channels and relevant information including:
- Channel type
- Price Base
- Enabled Status
From here you can view/edit a channel to see more information or create a new one.
The Channel Configuration Page
For each channel type, the available fields for configuration may change. For specific instructions on setting up your Channels, please refer to the articles for:
- Configure Your Magento M1 Channel (this is an inbound channel only)
- Channels - Create a BigCommerce Channel
- Channels - Create a Shopify Channel
- Configure Your Magento M2 Channel
In addition to the credentials required for publication, the Channel Configuration page allows for the following information to be configured:
- Name - Internal Use for Identifying the storefront
- Channel Type (Selected when creating the channel) - determines the configuration of the channel
- Inventory Location - select the location for inventory in the PIM that you wish to send to this channel. NOTE: should you wish not to track inventory, you are still required to choose an Inventory Location for setup.
- Price Base - choose the price records you wish to send to this channel. NOTE: should you wish to sell products without prices you may still be required to select a Price Base.
- Version - if versions are configured for your PIM, select the version to publish to the chosen channel. Otherwise choose Master.
- Base Category - Select the Root level category used to create the menu structure on the channel. NOTE: once selected, it is no longer editable
- Main Product Relation - select which product relation type you wish to use as the “related products” section on the chosen channel
- Base URL - the URL stem of your storefront (this allows for quick access to the admin and front end for a specific product)
- Enabled (checkbox) - Turns channel publication on or off
- Track Inventory (checkbox) determines whether inventory is tracked on the channel or not
Allows for setting the thumbnail for the channel that appears on the channels list and channels tab.
The credentials section stores your API information which allows for the connection to be established. The fields are channel type specific and are covered in the articles for each channel type.