Attributes in the Jasper PIM are flexible fields that can be used to power faceted search applications, organize data for internal use, or display specialized assets on product detail pages. They are a place to store all your custom data points.
Attribute sets are used to group attributes together for the purpose of assignment. Attribute sets can be assigned to products individually or in batches allowing quick configuration of the appropriate attributes for a given product or group of products. Attributes can exist as part of multiple attribute sets.
Creating an Attribute Set
- First navigate to the attribute set menu by going to Configuration > Attributes > Attribute Sets from the left side navigation
- Click Create Attribute Set
- Fill in the Name
- Click Create
The Attribute Set Edit Page
When you first create an attribute set you will need to fill in the following information
- Slug - this is the text key used to identify the attribute set and it must be unique. Typical schema is the name of the attribute set in lowercase replacing all spaces and special characters with underscores.
- Sort Order - controls the display order on the attribute set list
- Attributes - use this to search for and assign all the attributes to the set
- Search for the name of the attribute
- Click it to add it to the set, repeat as necessary until all relevant attributes have been added
- Click and drag using the left icon on each attribute to reorder them to your liking
- Click Done
- Move back to the Details Tab and click Save Attribute Set
Assigning Attribute Sets to Products Individually
- From the product edit page on the Sidebar click Add More next to the Attribute Sets section
- Search for a set
- Click the set to add it
- Click Done
Assigning Attribute Sets to Products in Batches
- From the product list, used Advanced Search to return the appropriate list of products
- Select your products using the + button in the upper left, make any adjustments as necessary
- Click the gear icon in the upper right to open the batch action tool
- Click Add attribute set
- Select the attribute set from the menu and follow the prompts
- Confirm your batch action
More information on Batch Action Product Updates can be found by clicking the link.