Import Export Tool
The PIM includes an import export tool for new product creation, customizable exports and round trip bulk editing via CSV files. Due to the nature of mass editing, restrictions are imposed throughout the process to ensure the integrity of your data. Please note that this is an advanced feature of the PIM and requires familiarity with several PIM features and operations. You are advised to read through the prerequisite articles below prior to attempting to use the import export tool.
Create a Profile
- Navigate to the Import/Export Tool found on the left side navigation menu and select profiles
- Click Create an Import Export Profile
- Name Your Profile
- Designate a Channel for imported products to be enabled on by default - Optional
- If prices are going to be part of an import, define the pricing criteria (most fields are optional and best left default)
- Configure the fields (see below)
- Save The Profile
The Price Configuration
- Author - The pricing authority for this import - Default is SYSTEM
- Book Type - Master, Vendor, Etc - Default is MASTER
- Price Book Code - Regular, Update, Promotion - Default is REGULAR
- Base - This must match the Price Base designated for the channel on which, you wish to enable publishing. - Default is US
- Currency - The currency abbreviation for the price - Default is USD.
Configure The Fields
For each field in the PIM you wish to export/import, you need to provide a label for the CSV column header. These are Case Sensitive.
- For new product creation product:sku is a requirement
- For product updates product:id or product:sku are required (NOTE: you cannot use both fields at the same time for imports)
- See full list of fields here Import Export Fields
All product attributes with slugs will be available (will display name, slug) Slugs are a unique identifier tied to that attribute. Note: for select box and multiselect attribute types, the values must exist in the PIM configuration prior to any attempts at importing. To prevent data corruption, any values for select box and multiselect attributes that exist in an import CSV but not in the database will be rejected.