Import Export Tool
The PIM includes an import export tool for new product creation, customizable exports and round trip bulk editing via CSV files. Due to the nature of mass editing, restrictions are imposed throughout the process to ensure the integrity of your data. Please note that this is an advanced feature of the PIM and requires familiarity with several PIM features and operations. You are advised to read through the prerequisite articles below prior to attempting to use the import export tool.
- Understanding The Import Export Tool
- Import Exports - Creating a Profile
- Import Exports - Exports Using a Profile
Import products using a profile
- Go to Import/Export menu and select profiles
- Choose a profile and click import to the left of the gear icon for that profile
- You will be taken to the import wizard
- Choose an import type
- All or nothing (strictest validation, any error will reject the whole file, errors are returned)
- Partial (Rows with errors are ignored while valid rows will succeed, errors are returned as well as a separate file of successes)
- Validate only (nothing is imported, columns/rows are validated and errors are returned)
- Depending on the import type chosen you will receive up to 2 files along with messaging indicating if the file succeeded or had errors.
Note: It's not possible to update the inventory amount of any product through this tool
- There's a limit of 10.000 records per CSV file. If you need more, you can split the file into different batches.
- All columns must match a CSV label from the profile exactly (case sensitive)
- No extra columns
- No extra rows
- Visibility and Enabled fields require either a 1 (yes) or a 0 (no)
- Attribute values for select box/multi-select attributes must already exist in the PIM and be imported exactly as they appear in the PIM (case sensitive)
- Attributes must be assigned to products inside the PIM prior to attempting to populate values via import
- All types of prices can't be greater than two decimal places
- You can remove product data for a specific field on your CSV by using the following characters (quotations removed)"!#". Please make sure to remove the quotations and be careful where this is used on the CSV especially for certain cells that you may not want to have product data removed.
- Product ID or Product SKU - Not both.