The PIM is capable of manually managing inventory from multiple locations or accepting data from an external source such as an ERP or standalone inventory management system.
What Fields are available for inventory records?
The Jasper PIM supports the following inventory fields:
- On Hand - The actual quantity on hand in a particular bin
- On Hold - A designated quantity to hold back from publication. Can be inventory on reserve or as a static buffer to prevent overselling.
- Location - The name of the warehouse (ex. main warehouse, NYC, Canada, etc.)
- Bin - The shelf or bin number of the quantity on hand
- Source - The source of the information (ex. ERP, Manual Entry, Vendor Feed, etc.)
Inventory records are stored by warehouse/bin number and supports multiple records. NOTE: The saleable is calculated by subtracting the on hold quantity from the on hand quantity of a particular record. If you store products in multiple spots under the same location, you need to sum them up prior to listing in the PIM.
The Inventory Tab
The Inventory Tab of the PIM displays all of the available inventory information data associated with a specific SKU. Inventory typically exists only at the single or child level of a product. Each record is coded using a Location, Bin and Source key allowing you to house multi-location inventory data inside the PIM.