*NOTE: If you are going to use the Inventory feature on the Jasper PIM platform, you must integrate your ERP or Inventory Management System directly with your PIM. The reason for this is because BigCommerce and Shopify does not have a two-way sync to update the inventory records into Jasper PIM after orders are transacted on the storefront. If you rather use the BigCommerce or Shopify Inventory platform feature instead (or have the ERP or Inventory Management System only connected to the ecommerce platform and not with Jasper PIM) then please contact our Jasper PIM Support team for further information on how to resolve this functionality process flow.
What Fields are available for inventory records?
The Jasper PIM supports the following inventory fields:
- On Hand - The actual quantity on hand in a particular bin
- On Hold - A designated quantity to hold back from publication. Can be inventory on reserve or as a static buffer to prevent overselling.
- Location - The name of the warehouse (ex. main warehouse, NYC, Canada, etc.)
- Bin - The shelf or bin number of the quantity on hand
- Source - The source of the information (ex. ERP, Manual Entry, Vendor Feed, etc.)
Inventory records are stored by warehouse/bin number and supports multiple records. NOTE: The saleable is calculated by subtracting the on hold quantity from the on hand quantity of a particular record. If you store products in multiple spots under the same location, you need to sum them up prior to listing in the PIM.
The Inventory Tab
The Inventory Tab of the PIM displays all of the available inventory information data associated with a specific SKU. Inventory typically exists only at the single or child level of a product. Each record is coded using a Location, Bin and Source key allowing you to house multi-location inventory data inside the PIM.