The Shipping Tab
The Shipping Tab on the Product Page displays shipping information and allows granular control over aspects of shipping for certain channels. As with all fields in the PIM, not every field has a direct application to every marketplace or channel.
What Information Is Contained On The Shipping Tab And What Can I Do With It?
The Shipping Tab displays and allows editing of the following information:
- Override Shipping Pricing - allows you to set product shipping rules for BigCommerce
- Do Not Override - use the global setting in the BigCommerce Admin
- Always Ship Free - override global shipping rule for this product and ship free regardless
- Do Not Ship Free - override global shipping rule for this product and set a flat rate shipping charge
- Weight - shipping weight of the product
- NOTE: Shipping weight is required for BigCommerce publication by default
- Height - shipping height of the product
- Width - shipping width of the product
- Length - shipping length of the product
- Pre-order Message - custom messaging to be displayed when product is set to preorder status (BigCommerce only)
- Preorder (checkbox) - toggle preorder status flag on the product (BigCommerce only)
- Remove preorder status on date (checkbox) - toggles ability to automatically remove preorder status on a given date
- Date picker will display if this is chosen
- Special Order - toggles special order flag on product when publishing
- NOTE: by default this field will only populate custom/metafields on sync. Front end behavior is determined by the theme
- The "Go Back" button at the bottom returns you to the product index page.
- The "Update" button saves all fields from the product details tab and triggers a product sync.