Storing and managing your product information in the PIM is only part of the benefits of using Jasper PIM. Our self-serve Channel Configuration tool gives you the ability to add new BigCommerce or Shopify Storefronts quickly and easily, without the need of tech support. NOTE: some of the available configuration options on channels require other features of the PIM to have been configured previously.
Connect the PIM to a BigCommerce Storefront
With Jasper PIM, you are able to connect to an ecommerce storefront and be publishing product data within minutes. This article will guide you through the process to create the necessary credentials to link your BigCommerce storefront.
Generate BigCommerce API Credentials
- In order to setup a BigCommerce storefront as a Channel in the PIM, please login as the store owner to your BigCommerce control panel and use this BigCommerce Support Article to create API credentials to use.
- As the store owner, go to Advanced Settings > API Accounts and click Create API Account. Use the V2/V3 API, not the stencil API.
- Once you have given the account a name, you will need to scroll down to set the "Products" module permissions to "Modify" in order for the PIM to properly create brands, categories and products.
- Click "Done" and you should automatically download a .txt file with all the necessary credentials.
NOTE: There is no way to re-display the credentials pop-up after you select Done to dismiss it. Make sure you store your credentials before dismissing the popup, either by copying/pasting the contents of each field or by keeping the downloaded .txt file. Otherwise, you will need to repeat all the above steps to generate new credentials.
Create a BigCommerce Channel in the PIM
PIM Administrators, or anyone with the proper permissions can create a channel.
- Navigate the left side menu by going to Configuration > Channels and click create a channel.
- Name your channel (something that easily identifies it), make sure to select BigCommerce from the available types and click Create.
- Refer to the Channels Overview Article for detailed explanation of all the available configuration fields.
- After configuring your channel with appropriate bases, root categories and inventory locations make sure to check the Enabled box and paste your credentials into the appropriate fields at the bottom. If you wish to track inventory from the PIM makes sure to check the track inventory box as well. Once finished click Save.
- Now that your channel is created and enabled in the PIM you can assign products to be enabled on that channel in bulk or individually from the product channels tab. Refer to the Channels Tab article for more information on channel assignments on products.
- *If you are going to use your BigCommerce Channel to import product data into a new BigCommerce store, make sure you have deleted all of the sample products and categories first before proceeding further. Again, this is only if you are going to add products first into the PIM and wanting to import them into a new BigCommerce.
Import Products From BigCommerce Store
If you are ready to import your products from BigCommerce store to your Jasper PIM, this can be done within the newly created channel.
NOTE: Only proceed further if you have updated all of your products in BigCommerce. Once you run the import, all changes to product data will need to take place in Jasper PIM. You must save your channel credentials first before running an import.
- Disable your recently created channel by unchecking the "Enabled" box
- At the bottom of the newly created channel, you will see a button called "Run Import".
- Click "Run Import" to initiate import of products from BigCommerce to Jaser PIM
- You can view the progress of the import by going to the "Jobs" menu.
- After the import process says "Finished", you can enable the channel again.
- NOTE: If you are going to connect with a second BigCommerce, please reference this article in creating a second "ROOT" category for your Base category so that it keeps the category data separate from your first store. Do not run two BC store imports at the same time.
NOTE: The "Run Import" button only works as a one time request. Any attempts after the first request will fail. This is only meant as an import tool and not as a sync request. The channel must remain disabled during the import request. Once it is finished, proceed enable the BC web channel.