When entering data for multiple products at the same time take advantage of the PIM's batch action functionality. When used in conjunction with our Advanced Search tool, you can quickly and easily manipulate product data across your catalog, saving valuable time.
How Do I Perform A Batch Action?
- Access the product search screen by clicking products from the left side navigation menu
- Perform a Search
- Just above the first product in the search results is a + button, click it and you can select all products returned from the search results, the visible products on your page or deselect all previously selected products. Alternatively you can manually select products by clicking the checkboxes to the left of the products.
- Click the Gear icon on the upper right of the search results page next to the Create Product button to display the list of available batch actions.
- Choose a Batch Action from the available list below
- Follow the prompts
- Confirm your batch process
What Are The Available Batch Actions?
- Set Status - Change the publication status to online (published) or offline (unpublished)
- Add/remove categories
- Add attribute set
- Add/remove tag
- Enable/disable channel
- Modify Product Name
- Modify Warranty Information
- Modify Description
- Update Product Weight And Dimensions - Updates the weight and dimensions on the shipping tab
Batch actions are performed in the background while you work in the PIM. Depending on the number of batch jobs ahead of yours in the queue, there is the potential for a delay between the request and the execution of the batch job. When setting up a batch action you will see the following message:
"Batch jobs are run against search criteria by default. If you need to ensure that specifically the selected products get batched, select "Search by ids"."
The parameters of the search are stored and rerun just before the execution of the batch action. You have the option to force the job to a specific set of selected IDs rather than the products that fall within the search results at the time of execution. In order to force the action to a set of IDs select the search by ids checkbox when creating the batch action.
The Jobs Menu
The record of batch actions performed can be found in the Jobs section of the main PIM menu on the left hand side. You can see the type of action requested, the status, the number of attempts made and the timestamp when it was originally requested.