The Product List and Search
The Product List in Jasper, located from the Products section of the main PIM menu on the left hand side, is your main view into your product catalog. From here you can view your products, perform simple and advanced searches, and perform batch actions on a selection of products.
The Product List
The Product List shows your entire product catalog organized by ascending Jasper ID. The following fields of information are available
- Thumbnail - The image asset on the product set to the thumbnail
- Product Information - The name of the product (click to be taken to the product) and the Jasper ID
- SKU - Your unique identifier
- Visibility - Whether the Is Visible? status on the product is toggled
- View - A link to the product
At the top of the page you will see your search window as well as the Create Product and Batch Action buttons. At the bottom of the window you can select the number of products to display per page between 10 and 100 and click through each page.
As your product catalog grows within Jasper PIM you will need to regularly visit specific products or groups of products to perform updates and make edits. There are three methods of searching for products inside Jasper PIM.
The quick search in the top bar can be accessed from any page. If you know the exact product identifier, select it from the drop down and type or paste it into the field.
- SKU - your internal identifier
- PCSID - Jasper's automatically assigned ID number
- WEBID - the published channel's identifier
- UPC - Universal Product Code (if assigned)
Pro Tip: When using Google Chrome with Jasper PIM you can use a combination of CTRL + Click (Windows), or CMD + Click (Mac) on the search icon to open the results in a new background tab to keep your current place while quickly jumping to a new product.
Product List - Simple Search
To perform a simple search query go to the product list from the left side menu. From the product list you have access to a simple search box. Here you can use short exact match phrases to find products or similar products. This will look at product names and descriptions to find a match.
NOTE: the search looks for the exact word or words in the order in which they were used, similar to wrapping the phrase in quotations on typical boolean search. (ex. 'Green Shirt' and 'Shirt - Green' will not show up under the same query).
Product List - Advanced Search
Jasper's advanced search allows you to narrow down your product catalog into easily digestible pieces. From the product list, access the advanced search feature by clicking advanced next to the search box.
The available search filters are as follows:
- Brand - select from the list of available brands via drop down menu. You can select multiple brands (inclusive).
- Category - begin by typing at least three characters from available categories. You can select multiple categories (inclusive).
The selectable drop down filters on the right hand side of the filter section allows you to choose between (exclusive):
- Is Featured? - choose between featured or not featured or all status from product details section
- Is Published? - choose between items set to "published" or "unpublished" status or both
- Product Type - filter product by parents, children, single products or all products
The search criteria section allows more flexibility to narrow your product results. Using the + button to add multiple types of the same criteria perform AND based searches.
The text box allows you to search a string from a specific field. Default PIM fields and any custom created text attributes are available. NOTE: select box and multiselect attributes are case sensitive. The available qualifiers are:
- Not Within
- Not Equal
Number range searches are available for default PIM fields and allow you to find products that lie between a range of values. This is most useful for pricing and PCSID ranges.
The number equals criteria uses mathematical relationship qualifiers to find items among default PIM fields. The available qualifiers are:
- = - Equals
- != - Does not equal
- > - Greater than
- < - Less than
- >= - Greater than or equal to
- <= - Less than or equal to
NOTE: you are comparing all product values against the value you enter in the criteria box. (ex. 161 > PCSID will return all PCSIDs that are greater than 161. It helps to pick the field then your qualifier than your value so that you are choosing [PCSIDs] that are [greater than (>)] . Do not think about it as an equation).
You can sort your search results by the following fields in ascending or descending order.
- Sell Price
- MAP Price
- MSRP Price (List)
- Has Photos?
- Is Excluded?
- Status (Live or Offline)
If you have a large product catalog you can speed up search results by unchecking the box marked Display Photos.
If you are performing the same search many times you can save it to make it quicker and easier the next time. To save a search:
- Input your search string, filter, and criteria
- Prior to executing the search click the save search button on the lower left hand side of the Advanced Search Window
- Check the Save This Search Box on the modal window and supply a name and category for the search. You can use the category to organize your saved searches to find them easier later.
- Click OK
- Execute the search.
Retrieve a Saved Search
Saved searches are accessible via Advanced Search. Click Saved Searches in the upper right hand section of the Advanced Search window. From here you can view all your saved searches, delete those you no longer need or execute them with a single click.
There is a built in search history of all executed searches in a given session. The Search History is located inside the Saved Search List as a separate tab. It will store a record, in the order run, of all the searches for your session. You can execute any search with a single click.